High School Math
Edinburg School District is seeking a High School Math Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Plan and implement a program of study employing instruction methods for 9-12 grade mathematics in the following classes: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus.
- Create a classroom, and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of student under his/her direct supervision.
- Maintain written lesson plans and identify clear objectives for all lessons.
- Evaluate student on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- maintain and submit reports and records as required.
- Communicate with student and parents or guardians on a regular basis.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure.
- Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend meetings.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the principal or administrative designee.
Must possess an Illinois Teaching Certificate endorsed in Math.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
(This is a contract year so the Base is tentatively expected to go up.) Base Salary including TRS with no previous experience is $37,430. Other benefits include: 12 sick days, 3 personal days, 2 bereavement days, up to 2 professional leave days, $4000 toward health insurance, and reimburses approved college coursework at the rate of $175 per credit hour.
How to Apply
Applications should include a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of recommendation, proof of certification to be mailed to: Edinburg CUSD #4, Attn. Michelle Reiss, Principal, 100 East Martin St. Edinburg, IL 62531 or email to email@example.com.